Kwiaht researchers have completed a review of the BLM's Proposed RMP for the San Juan Islands National Monument and drafted our protest. We are especially concerned that the Proposed RMP adopts the following strategies and actions:
• Constructing additional trails
• Permitting dispersed camping
• Restricting local food foraging
• Taking no specific actions to protect species that are locally rare
• Conducting extensive prescribed burning as a habitat management tool
• Applying herbicides to large areas of protected landscapes
• Planting species not previously found in the Monument
The full protest is attached.
Size: 257 KB
I personally agree with some of the items you are protesting and disagree with others. Yet your protest often says you speak for islanders and our community. You speak for Kwiaht (you, Russell, your.... Read all
Thank you SO MUCH for doing all this research and commenting. The more local folks and visitors to these lands who comment in your ilk, the better.